2020 Conference Information
Greetings FAPMS members! We hope this finds you and yours well. Although we cancelled the in-person training conference this year, we are determined to fulfill our core mission, “to provide the education and resources necessary to support responsible stewardship of Florida’s aquatic ecosystems”. As such, FAPMS will be offering a training webinar on Thursday, October 8, offering 4 aquatic CEU’s centered on the science of aquatic plant management presented by highly respected researchers and a biologist from University of Florida and Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission (FWC)!
Following the webinar, we will be conducting our annual business meeting and awards ceremony online, separate from the training webinar, where we will announce the winner(s) of the Photo contest, the Dr. Michael D. Netherland Exemplary Colleague Award, Applicator of the Year and the Scholarship Award and introduce our new Board of Directors (BOD) and President.
An FAPMS training conference, virtual or in-person, is not complete without the annual Duck Races and we plan on fulfilling that objective this year! It’s a great way to pick your favorite duck, cheer it on and support the FAPMS Scholarship Fund. The races will be broadcast via a webinar and the winners announced the afternoon of October, 8. It will almost feel like we are together in Daytona!
To register for the FAPMS training webinar and receive your compliment of 4 CEU’s in aquatics, go to: EVENTBRITE LINK . The sign-up fee is $40, with 5$ of that going to the FAPMS Scholarship fund. Included with the sign-up fee for the training webinar, you will also receive a one year membership to FAPMS and be eligible for door prize drawings to be given during the webinar, but you have to be online to claim (please see the proposed agenda below).
To sum it up, here is what the day of October 8th will look like with the three separate events:
- 8:00am- 12:00pm Training CEU Zoom webinar
- 1:30 pm- 2:30 pm Annual Business meeting via Zoom webinar.
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm Duck races via Zoom webinar
Here is what you need to do if you want to participate for any or all of these events:
- To sign up for the training webinar, receive 4 aquatic CEU’s, 1 year FAPMS membership and be entered into door prize drawings, go to: EVENTBRITE LINK. The deadline to sign up is October 5th and space is limited, don’t wait!
- For the annual business meeting and awards ceremony, join FAPMS and then send email request to: Scott.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the Duck races, you can purchase ducks here: EVENTBRITE LINK. You can also choose to purchase ducks when you register.
Proposed Training Webinar Agenda- 4 aquatic CEUs
- 8:00-8:25 Scott Jackson- Presidential Address- 0.5 aquatic CEU
- 8:25-8:50 Jay Ferrell- The Science of a Maintenance Program- 0.5 aquatic CEU
- 8:50-9:15 Ben Sperry- Effects of Spray Volume and Application Equipment on Floating Plant Control- 0.5 aquatic CEU
- 9:15-9:20 Sponsor talk
- 9:20-9:25 Sponsor talk
- 9:25-10:15 James Leary- Update on New Operational Tools and Analysis for Hydrilla Control- 1 aquatic CEU
- 10:15-10:25 Break
- 10:25-10:50 Matt Phillips- FWC Update- 0.5 aquatic CEU
- 10:50-11:40 Lyn Gettys Use of Natural Herbicides in Aquatic Plant Management- 1 aquatic CEU
- 11:40-11:45 Sponsor talk
- 11:45-11:50 Sponsor talk
- 11:50-12:00 Scott Jackson wrap up
Hope to see you there and thank you!
2020 FAPMS President
2020 Annual Training Conference
44th Annual Florida Aquatic Plant Management Society Annual Training Conference
Hilton Bayfront, St Petersburg